Pure Titanium Woven Wire Mesh
Titanium wire mesh is woven from pure titanium or titanium alloy wire. Generally, commercially pure titanium alloys are composed of more than 99% titanium and trace amounts of nitrogen, carbon, hydrogen, iron, and oxygen. Titanium wire mesh is a kind of metal woven wire with special properties. It has low density and lightweight, but its strength is higher than any other metal wire mesh.
Secondly, in a corrosive environment, a high-purity titanium wire mesh, like a nickel wire mesh, forms an oxide film on the surface to protect itself from corrosion.
The oxide layer has high adhesion and inertia, which greatly enhances the corrosion resistance and acid and alkali resistance of the titanium mesh. It makes it more stable in the environment of seawater, wet chlorine, chlorite, and hypochlorite solutions, nitric acid, metal chromate, and organic salts.
Titanium wire mesh usually comes in two types of colors, one is made of pure titanium wire, coated with a graphite coating, and the surface is black. It is suitable for the manufacture of industrial filtration, packing, marine filtration, and seawater filtration titanium mesh.
The other is a bright white surface with the graphite coating removed. This is suitable for making electrode mesh, battery collection mesh, and various fine chemical liquid filters.
- 99%+ titanium content.
- Extremely high corrosion resistance, hardly affected by natural corrosion.
- Protected against metal salts, chlorides, hydroxides, nitric acid, and chromic acid, as well as dilute alkalis, resistant to strong acids and bases.
- Low density and lightweight, but high strength.
- Good temperature stability and conductivity.
- Biocompatibility: Titanium mesh has good biocompatibility with human tissues, so it is widely used in the medical field, such as for implant materials and medical devices.
- Good formability.
Titanium wire mesh is widely used in many industries, including aerospace, medical, electronics, and chemical. It is commonly used for applications such as filtration, screening, isolation, protection and reinforcement. For example, in the aerospace industry, titanium wire mesh can be used for filters and thermal barrier coatings in gas turbine engines; in the medical field it can be used for artificial bones and dental implants; in the chemical industry it can be used for filtering and separating corrosive media.